Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Whole 30 Days 27 and 28

I didn't have time to blog yesterday, well technically I did but I tried to do a screen shot from MFP and it didn't work so I tried for half an hour to figure it out until I gave up..... 
Today I was able to figure out a way to do it although the PrtSc worked just a couple days ago it isn't working now even after restart.....go figure. 

I am trying to get my macros right and am not having much success so far. I need 1200 cal, 120g protein, 71g fat and 20g net carbs. 

I don't know what protein source to eat that will keep me at 40g per meal but at ~23g fat and very low carb. All my regular sources seem higher on fat and/or carb. I also realize that I need to limit my vegetables, especially tomatoes. 
I am at 31-35 g net carbs. 
I also want my food to still taste good though..... 

I am happy i was able to log my food on MFP. I will have to keep monitoring and figure things out. 

Tomorrow will be the last day of my Whole 30!!!! I like eating this way. The only change i might have is to eat frozen grilled chicken, somehow it always has sugar or some additive that is not Whole 30 approved. 
I still haven't decided if i will go back to dairy. I actually feel pretty good and am not sure i want to change anything. 
I was looking into Fage Greek yogurt this morning to figure out macros, the 2% one has 20g of protein but also 8g carbs and 0 fiber so I am not sure i will eat it since I will still have to consume additional 15-20g protein more fiber but no more carbs. Not sure what it is i can eat to provide fiber without carbs. Also 8g carbs seems a little high for since it will require me to have less carbs in my other 2 meals. 

The good news are that i have no problem not snacking. That was an easy habit to instil. After the initial sabotage last week, this week is no problem. I am over snacking! I eat my nuts and 100% chocolate as part of my meal. 
I don't need any cream in my afternoon decaf coffee so I will probably not go back to my old habit of having afternoon decaff coffee with 1tbs of heavy whipping cream (or coconut milk). 

Another good thing that I figured out since logging my food religiously is that I don't get enough protein in but get too much fat. 

I am feeling great, am not hungry or tired. Will measure ketones tomorrow again. Wondering if anything will change? 







No comments:

Post a Comment