Monday, January 12, 2015

Day 12 back to normal surprise lunch date

Didn't have time to journal yesterday. 
I knew I will be out all morning and didn't have time for my morning eggs so I prepared chia pudding the night before. Chia seeds, almond milk, coconut milk, cocoa powder and almond extract.

It was ok. Not my favorite. 

Got a surprise last minute invite for lunch with a family so had to improvise. Stopped at Trader Joes and bought some hard boiled eggs. Ate 2 right away so I am not famished by the time we actually sit down to eat. 

Hostess tried to push grains but I told her I don't eat grains and wheat because I am allergic. She still tried to push just a tiny bit of matza...really? I do not eat it even during Passover! I insisted and stayed away without any problem. It isn't even tempting for me. I didn't touch the rice or lavash bread either.
Luckily for me they had salad, seaweed salad, fish salad and meat. I am sure salad dressing wasn't totally Whole30 but I couldn't do much about it. I am also not sure about seaweed, meats and their marinade but still I had them and felt good. I had tons of tea for dessert :-) while the kids stuffed their faces in chocolate, merengue and melon.

At home I was not super hungry for a while. Did have some coconut butter, sourkraut and chicken Apple sausage later on,since I was feeling strange. 

More tea and that was my day.

One more day down the books.



1 comment:

  1. Doing good, sweetie! I'm not into chia. I don't really eat much seeds. Maybe once I'm back down in the mid 120's, I'll look into it. Don't much care for the taste without salt, but I don't want any more salt in my diet than I already use. But excellent choices!

    I personally don't say I'm allergic to grains. I just tell them I don't eat them. And keep firm about it. If they want to ask why, I'll tell them. I don't offer it up anymore. I guess the longer you are at it, the firmer we become. Silly friends pushing their silly foods. ;)

    ReplyDelete