Monday, January 19, 2015

Whole 30 Day 19

That was yesterday. Again, had 3 egg omelette for breakfast with a tomato cooked in ghee. 
Had tuna salad for lunch as I didn't have anything ready. It is a fast and easy option. 1 can of tuna in water, 1 hard boiled egg if i have one, heart of palm, pickle, home made mayo (finally finished my first batch). 
Again, I am still set on Pavlovian schedule and had my chocolate and some nuts in the afternoon. I am going to focus on changing this mentality. Gwen from The Sunny Coconut pointed out yesterday that it might be just my knee jerk mindset for snacking in the afternoon and it completely resonated with me. 

I am afraid that I got used to eating 6 times a day when I was on MF. Since I was eating much less fat and protein. Now that I eat more fat and protein I don't need to eat anything between breakfast and lunch, I can't, I am so full after my eggs cooked in ghee and if I eat 1/2 avocado too I am completely full for hours. Lunch is different for some reason. In my mind I have to have something between lunch and dinner and many times after dinner.
MF mentality. I think that with lunch, I might not have enough fat and/or protein and perhaps I eat too fast. I will start to eat more slowly and see how that works for me. Since the chocolate that I eat now is 100% chocolate, I see it as fat, perhaps I can replace it with some additional fat in my lunch or just include it as part of my lunch. I am also a creature of habit in the evening. My husband snacks a lot after dinner and it totally triggers me sometimes. I need to create new habits and be conscious. I will work on it and update.

As to dinner yesterday I made sloppy joe from ground Bison. I use a recipe by Maria 
http://mariamindbodyhealth.com/sloppy-joes-and-manwich-facts/

I do not use Swerve (although I was very excited to find it yesterday at Sprouts Market!!! so I don't need to order it on Amazon) or Stevia instead I used about a tbs of organic unsweetened apple sauce. I also added Cacao Nibs. 

I ate it in lettuce leaves. Really good. 

1 comment:

  1. Yes, probably more protein and fat at lunch would help, too. :)

    It takes time to break these habits. Conscious effort, that with time, can become newly ingrained GOOD knee-jerk reactions. Just expect it to not happen overnight. Or within 21 days. :)

    ReplyDelete