Monday, January 5, 2015

End of day 5 + Whole 30 Day 6

I didn't get a chance to post my dinner for Saturday in the evening due to my husband wanting attention.... :-)

I really wanted to walk and move my body. I went to the mall and tried to walk as much as possible there. It was too cold for me to walk outside, I know I am just being spoiled, it's not so cold....I am just being a California spoiled girl... :-)
By the end of the day I was almost at 10k steps....

Since I didn't have any food ready I quickly assembled tuna salad with tomato, cucumber, Palm heart, artichoke, water canned tuna, red and orange pepper, 2 spears of pickle (whole 30 compliant) and my home made mayo. 

Yesterday was day 6, I took my daughter to ice rink for morning practice at 7 am so didn't have time for breakfast. I was hoping to be home before 9:30 and have breakfast but her coach did some off ice training with her and I got home after 10am. I was hungry.

Breakfast - 3 eggs in ghee, 1/2 avocado, leftover tiny portion of green beans and asparagus. I was pretty full for a while.

We went to Legion of Honor Museum in San Francisco. I was itching to walk and move. Did a lot of walking. Family got tired of musem around 3 and wanted lunch. I chewed 1/2 oz macadamia nuts and a punch of coconut flakes and was fine. Wanted to have lunch at a salad bar near Golden Gate Park and walk some more in park but my husband gave up on parking and drove to the mall. 

I ate a hard boiled egg, cherry tomatoes and 1/2 cucumber and felt better. 

Lunch - BBQ chicken and broccoli at fast food joint in mall food court. 

It was ok but I am sure their BBQ sauce for chicken was full of crap. I did not feel full like I do after a home meal. I also think that the protein portion was too small for me. In any case I walked another hour I the mall, got myself black decaf at Starbucks and we went home. My tracker shows just under 6700 steps. Not great. I wish we would go to Golden Gate Park and not the mall. I am so done with winter break. Now I don't have any excuses....I just need to walk.
I learned during these past 2 weeks and most of all the past 2 years of weight loss and health gain journey, that the best appetite suppressed for me is movement.mwhen I walk/jog/run/exercise I don't have appetite/binges/cravings. I feel great and I make naturally good food choices. It took me a long time to understand something trivial and simple. I had to experience and get it myself. 

Dinner - I still had no food at home so quickly sautéed mushrooms, zucchini noodles and dried tomatoes in olive oil and a little  tomato paste. Quickly defrosted and made Trader Joes grass fed beef hamburger in a little coconut oil.

I was fine but just couldn't resist and had one square of 100% chocolate. 

I was still thinking about food, wasn't hungry but wanted to have something so I had herbal tea. 

Another day passed. 


1 comment:

  1. Good job, Rina. GREAT job, actually. Sometimes we have to make do with less than stellar choices when out and about. I think you handled it pretty darned well! And glad for the lessons you are learning re exercise and appetite! :)

    ReplyDelete