Thursday, January 29, 2015

Whole 30 Day 29

Yesterday went by fairly easy. The only problem was in the evening, after I had dinner, I was down from interaction with my husband and although I was full from my beef stew I snarfed some nuts that I had with me in my purse. 

It is not included here below on MFP log..... 

Today I am up a pound!!!!! Even though I ate pretty well for few days. 
I don't think these nuts were to blame here. I think it is connected to my hormones as I haven't gotten my period this month and this morning I think it is finally coming ...... i am probably retaining something. I plan on exercising today and just keep doing what I am doing. 
I finally managed to hit my macros as recommended by the FB Keto Dieters group I am on. 120g protein (40g x 3) 71g fat and 20g net carbs. 
Yesterday i finally managed to eat 18g net carbs, 120g protein and 69g fat. 
I know i have more than that because of the nuts and coconut flakes binge in the car....but at least now I know what i need to eat to hit those macros. 

I am probably better off staying away from nuts.... seems like they are trigger food for me. As Barbara Berkeley recommends in her book Refuse To Regain, it is better to have a total abstention from trigger foods and then introduce them back very carefully..... I will probably need to plan carefully the nuts in my daily nutrition.  Calculate the macros and check that they fit in my daily plan or else NOT EAT THEM! 


On a different note, I heard a very interesting interview on NPR yesterday 
http://www.npr.org/blogs/health/2015/01/28/381622350/why-teens-are-impulsive-addiction-prone-and-should-protect-their-brains 

Never realized that addiction is a form of learning. I wonder how do we "un-learn"? My daughter is still 11 but already showing teenager signs....she does a really good eye roll ;-) 

And a final note. Today is my last day of Whole 30!!!!! 
It has been completely uneventful and simple journey. I do not miss anything, especially not dairy or sugar. 
I will now go back to buyer my regular lower cost ghee (the one I got for the Whole 30) is Organic while the regular one I buy at Trader Joe's is not organic. 
Will i change anything tomorrow? I don't think so. 
I think that cheese and dairy do not fill me as protein sources. 

I am really enjoying not having any cravings. I am enjoying knowing I am making good food choices. 

I sat in a board meeting last night and on the table where pretzels, 2 types of cookies and water. Of course i didn't touch them (I came with my own BIG cup of herbal cinnamon tea and sipped it for like 2 hours) and I wasn't even tempted. People munched on everything. I remember the days when I couldn't resist those pretzels and think "how much harm could it be eating just a few" but after having one i wanted another one and another and it became harder to stop nibbling them, sometimes i would just give up and just eat and eat. 
There is never a good source of protein anywhere. It is much more expensive than the cheap wheat/grain/sugar snack..... 

Oh well. I believe I will just keep eating this way as I am enjoying it. If i do want heavy whipping cream in my coffee once in a while (once/twice a week) or whole milk at Starbucks I will have it (I will not buy it to have at home as it will become a regular thing that i don't want) but the rest? Not even sure how to incorporate cheese/greek yogurt in my nutrition now. Protein is too low and carbs too high..... Somehow the dairy never fills me especially melted cheese, I just want more.... ;-) 

I am sure i will figure it out with time. But for now I am focused on dropping my extra weight and finding my way to do it. 

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on being on the eve of finishing your Whole 30! Great job, and so glad you have broken the addiction-cravings cycle. :)

    ReplyDelete