Friday, January 9, 2015

Day 10 another challenging day

Breakfast was my usual 3 egg omelette with mushrooms and avocado in ghee. Yummy and satisfying.

I went to,get my car serviced and during that time walked. About an hour and a half. On my walk I stopped in Walmart and got ketone strips. I knew they will be useless. They show the lowest no trace color. 

I don't think I can go any lower than I am with carbs. All my carbs are coming from low carb veggies like tomatoe, cucumber, zucchini, mushroom, avocado, radish, bell pepper, cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower and greens. 
If I am not in ketosis I don't know why. Perhaps too much protein?

In any case I have been reading about it and decided to get into my n=1 and buy a blood glucose and ketone meter. I just ordered the Precision Xtra system on eBay and some extra strips. Will check and experiment a little. Will see what my body says.

For lunch I had leftover ground bison and kelp noodles with broccoli slaw. I warmed up a portion but didn't feel full and finished the small portion I had left. I still wanted to eat and had a tsp coconut butter and a small 1oz beef jerky from Sophia's survival food. Determined to stay away from nuts today.

I was feeling empty all day. Did not feel satiety other than after breakfast. Had half jicama and a hard boiled egg in pm. For dinner I warmed up Costco grilled chicken and had it with my greens with mushrooms and zucchini. Still not happy. Having some fat now. I think it's the coming period that's making me feel empty. I am not sure how to deal with it. Should I have extra fat? Protein? Should I have extra sodium? Broth? Pickle? Sour Kraut? People on Keto forum swear by extra fat and lots of it. 
I am not sure. Will have to experiment carefully. 
Trying to log my food so I have a better idea.


1 comment:

  1. I think...maybe your upcoming period is making you over-think this a little? Just trust your process, drink lots of water, and find some additional ways to keep your mind preoccupied. Just an outside view looking in. I don't mean to upset you. Just my perception of what you are typing. :(

    ReplyDelete