Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Whole 30 Day 21 thoughts about weight loss

I started the day with 2 eggs and mushrooms cooked in ghee and half of small avocado. 

I also cooked 6 hard boiled eggs. Just to have something handy for everybody around here.

Yesterday I ordered 10 packs of Sophia's Survival Food Beef Jerky, I always have one pack in my purse for emergency, and 100% chocolate bars from Amazon (about 4 different ones). This supply should be enough for a month. I also ordered Red Boat Fish sauce. Nom Nom Paleo uses it a lot and I wanted to try it. 

I heard of this one day deal of weight loss books for 0.99 cent
http://buckbooks.net/nonfiction/ Purchased a couple of them and searched the internet extensively for Paleo weight loss blogs.

I am not losing weight. I am eating too much, I am thinking about food too much and yet I am eating a healthy diet. 
All I need to do is set some eating boundaries, stop snacking (especially nuts), reduce my meal size, no more eating while watching TV or in front of computer. 

Paleo Non Paleo www.paleononpaleo.com had a great post today on learning from overeating. So this is what I will do. Have strategies and do something else before I grab food. If I still want to snack I will do it and not beat myself up but only after I:
1) drink
2) call someone
3) go online and blog or read a blog
4) if possible go out for a walk, even if it is short around the house




1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I kind of thought the amount of food was a little high, but as a little old post-menopausal lady, I've been told on more than one occasion that my intake is too low, so I wasn't saying anything. Keep on this n = 1 testing, and you'll find the right level.

    I decided to remove a half ounce of nuts and add an extra egg to my diet, with this weird weight gain of the past 2 days. We'll see if it helps. I was eating an extra egg a day for those six months I could maintain 126. So we'll see if less nuts more eggs is the answer for me. ;)

    ReplyDelete