Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Paleo Mayonnaise and BBQ sauce

Today I got busy in the kitchen and made Paleo Mayonaise and BBQ sauce.


I used the recipe from Well Fed 2 book. It turned out well but I only had extra virgin olive oil and my mayo came out very strong. Next time I will use regular olive oil and hope it will taste better.

The BBQ sauce came out great. I used the recipe from It Starts With Food and only added one little strip of anchovies. I totally love it. It is so easy to make I don't need to buy in store any more. 


For protein I made Nom Nom Paleo crispy smashed chicken recipe. It's in her iPad app or the cookbook. It came out terrific. Even my picky kids ate it (although not super enthusiastically.....).


I had it for dinner with tons of leftover veggies. I also made coleslaw from scratch with my new mayo. I am pretty happy. Haven't been hungry all day. Walked over 10k steps. 
I had a good first day. I am not missing my two squares of chocolate nor my once a day 1 tbs of heavy whipping cream in my afternoon coffee. 

2 comments: