Sunday, December 21, 2014

Food awareness

Our world is so food centric. Yet our lifestyle is so still. I think about everything I put in mouth now because I want to lose weight but I know, from experience that I will drop this extra weight and then what?  Will I ever be able to stop thinking twice about what I eat?
In the past 2 years I did let myself indulge, here and there, thinking "only once"," I can allow myself" and the best "tomorrow I will cut my food intake". But guess what? It didn't work. So I know I cannot rely on that in the future.

I went to 2 parties today. I had lunch before the first one. Kids party, I knew there will be only junk food. And so it was. I had 3 strawberries and water. The second party was more challenging. I had to resist temptation chocolate, cookies,,cakes and even chili and stew. Well, I had stew sans potatoes mand carrots and just a spoon taste of chili. I had to taste the coconut macaroon and had green beans as they where my only vegetable option (I don't eat carrots for now as they are high in carbs). 

I am not super happy, I wish I hadn't had the strawberries, I don't normally eat them, I just had them because they were in front of me. The same with other party. Stew and beans were my dinner so I guess they are ok. Still, I ate not because I was hungry but because food was there. I ate just so I do not get tempted by all the other stuff. 

I need to have a better strategy for these social situations. 


Got Refuse to Regain today am hoping to gain some wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment