Saturday, December 20, 2014

I have progress, losing weight and learning

Yesterday I was feeling hungry or wanting to eat in the afternoon. Not sure which one it was. My day was disrupted just before 2 when my older daughter called from school and asked me to pick her up earlier. I was just about to sit down to eat lunch but packed it to go. I picked her up and had to go home for her to change as she was soaking wet, then had to rush to pick my younger daughter and was planning to rush to the ice rink. But had to change plans on the fly as the young one was feeling sick and wasn't up to driving or hanging around ice rinks. I immediately called another parent who was available and i rushed over to deliver my kid with her equipment. Then I went home, put my sick child to rest and had my lunch. By that point I was hungry. It was after 3 pm. I had leftover frilled chicken (probably around 2-3 oz) and veggies. So although I finished my salad and had my coffee with cream about an hour after I still had thoughts about food in late afternoon and had a little bit of beef that I made earlier that day in crock pot. I loved it. Wonderful and easy recipe http://civilizedcavemancooking.com/crockpot/crock-pot-balsamic-roast/. That kept me ok until dinner. 
I had my dinner around 7 pm, omelette made with 1 egg and 2 egg whites, various veggies (mushrooms, tomatoes, grated zuccini, peppers). 
In the evening I still was feeling like i want something to eat, still not sure if it was hunger or just wanting. I had a bag of 1oz beef jerkey http://grassfedjerkychews.com/ and then I was pretty satisfied for the day. Well, not until I had my square of dark chocolate. 
I wasn't completely happy with myself today but nevertheless proud. I ate more than I thought I should be but I ate real food. 

I stepped on the scale this morning and had a pleasant surprise! I was over 2lbs down! 

I spent the evening researching weight loss with Paleo. I don't like the theoretic advice from Mark Sisson, Kris Kresser and all the other Paleo experts. I am not saying it is bad advice. Their advice is based on science and is general. I am looking for real life stories, with details and different angels. There is a lot of advice out there, limit your carbs to 50g or lower for example, but I want to hear from people who actually did it. 

I found this wonderful blog that I never heard about before http://www.threedietsonedinner.com/2012/07/the-paleo-diet-for-weight-loss.html 
I figured that if I don't lose weight next week I will drop the dairy. I am not having much, Fage Greek yogurt few times a week, 1/4 cup mozzarella grated cheese (I try to use it on the days I don't eat the yogurt), cream cheese once in a while, 1 tbsp heavy whipping cream with my coffee once a day. 
I was thinking of dropping the dairy this week to see how it goes but seems like I might not need to do it since i did start dropping the excess pounds. so I will keep going. I think I should be drinking more water. I am also thinking my body needs to adjust to this eating and this week was about that. 
I haven't had Quest bar for this whole week. 

The bump near my chin is also disappearing and the rest of my chin is clearing. I will post a photo tomorrow since I have makeup on now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment