Friday, February 6, 2015

Lesson learned, eat proper macros at each meal,helps make good choices at next meal

I had a great start to my day. Lost a pound and I hope never to find it and keep losing more. 

 Did my week 1 day 3 couch to 5 k training. Came home, showered and made breakfast. I had 2 eggs with power greens and zucchini plus 3 Apple chicken links. I didn't notice it wasn't enough protein. I did notice it around noon when I started to feel hungry. Since I was out on errands I tried to keep going but noticed the emergency nuts in my purse. I. Ended eating half of them (about 1oz). Came home and had my lunch, ran out to get kids from school. I did not feel satisfied though. Drank water and coffee but had to have beef jerky. Dinner was outside and I had salmon cooked in some sauce that I am sure had soy and or fruit. Asparagus, green beans and cucumber. I came home and had a cheese stick and about 1oz sunflower seeds. 
I am not super happy about my choices. I would prefer not to snack but I have learned that when I have a good meal with proper nutrients i.e. 40g protein, ~23g fat and about 6 g net carbs i am pretty happy and satisfied. It also seems that using 1 scoop of whey protein isolate is working well for me. 
Tomorrow it will be time to use what I learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment