Thursday, February 5, 2015

Dr. Barbara Berkley - When Food Become Drugs - very powerful!

In her book Dr. Barbara Berkley talks about how food is worse than drugs because no one pushes you to use drugs, it is not displayed everywhere in plain site and isn't enticing you everywhere you turn, no one tells you "it's ok, just today, you can afford it" and the like, no one criticizes you for abstaining. I really really resonate with it. I know it seems a little strict but I don't think so. I have been on weight loss and maintenance journey for several years now and I can tell you from experience she is not crazy or strict. Starting to look at some food as drugs. I,actually hid the mixed nuts in the back of my shelf today. If I don't see it, it will not tempt me. I'd rather eat chicken, slice of turkey/beef or hard boiled egg than munch on nuts. I have to start dealing with my drug. 

http://www.refusetoregain.com/2015/02/post-re-run-controlled-by-a-cookie-when-foods-become-drugs.html 

No comments:

Post a Comment