Sunday, March 15, 2015

3 weeks on zero carb

It has been 3 weeks. I will need to change the title and description of my blog pretty soon.

My life is just so much better. Simplicity.

I cleared my fridge and pantry. Gave away protein powder, Quest bars, Psyllium husk, coconut milk. No need to make mayo or sauces any more. No need to make veggies. They are not rotting in my fridge any more. Packs of greens are not keeping me busy buying, washing, storing, sorting and then throwing away.
My fridge looks neat and clean. When I want to eat it is very simple. There is meat in the fridge.
If I am really unprepared, I make an omlette or just have hard boiled eggs. I also have sardines in water in pantry just for emergency. There's also beef jerky from www.grassfedjerkychews.com

I love it!

Yesterday was my birthday and for some reason I wanted variety so I had 2 eggs scrambled with French version of sour cream  (something I got at TJ). It was filling but not for as long as meat. I also felt bloated. My tummy was grumbling most of the day, especially after I ate anything including meat.

I spent the day looking up the process of cheese making as I got curious about it. I really didn't know anything about how it was made. Seems like the hard cheeses are more processed and have more bacteria and salt. From what I understand for now, cream and mozzarella are least processed.
I live in Bay Area and would really like to go see a cheese artisan. Perhaps will organize a family trip.

I think that my desserts on zc would be cheese once in a while.

My face is still pretty clear. Yesterday night I started to feel a little new breakout on my chin, it is under my skin small bump. A little painful. I put sulfur for the night and tea tree for the day It seems under control. I hope it will subside. It might be from cheese or just time of month. I was wearing concealer yesterday. Might be related or not. I will have to stop with cheese to really know for sure. I also think it will take the full 30 days if not 90 to know better about my acne. Maybe it is the eggs?

I will test some more with time.

I also think that once or twice a week will not affect me as much as few days in a row.

Yesterday I made chicken wings and the girls loved them. Duck fat, salt, pepper, paprika, cumin, coriander. Simple ant tasty. 30 min at 450 then flip and 30 more min.
They didn't want any rice or pasta. Yey!
Hope they like chicken thighs too. Will make them same way this week. In meanwhile I am defrosting a duck I got at Costco. Will roast it tomorrow.

I feel pretty good. My energy is balanced. I don't have tons of energy but I am not tired.  Just good energy to go about my day and reasonably tired at night. I sleep well,based usual. This morning woke up at 5am with a cramp in my right hamstring. Oouch.

I am not crazy thirsty anymore. I do get thirsty, especially after I eat but it is reasonable thirst.

I haven't stepped on the scale. I don't think I lost any weight. My tummy feels tight but my legs and but feel the same. My clothes feel the same.
I think I might drop some weight after I get my period.

I also want to learn to make steaks. I am totally clueless.

No comments:

Post a Comment