Thursday, June 4, 2015

Had some fruit and veggies

A week ago my husband took me out to lunch to Middeterenian restaurant. The meat was great of course. I had lamb since I don't normally make it at home. I skipped the rice. They also had salad and hummus on the plate and I couldn't resist but nibble at it a bit. It was great.
No big deal.

Then last Sunday I went to the farmers market and tasted some berries (strawberries, blueberries). I ended eating some raspberries at home the next day.

I didn't suffer any consequences. I'm glad. No crazy cravings, although I do think I had a little bit of more thoughts about what to eat.

Since yesterday I feel like cheese isn't best for me so haven't eaten it. I'm sticking to meat and eggs and 1-2 TBS HWC in my coffee twice a day.

My taste is still kind of funky. I am not tolerating fat. It makes me gag. I am not attracted at all to steaks. Chicken doesn't seem very appealing. I am not exactly sure what it is that I want to eat.
Today I made sliders/kotleti from 85% GB and 93% ground turkey (and 3 eggs). They came out delicious! Love them!!!!! I don't like all the work involved in making them and the splatter but they are good.
I also LOVED beef bacon that I bought at US Wellness Meats. It's pricey though...... I polished the whole package for breakfast and it was like $13. Turkey bacon is less expensive around $6 but doesn't taste as good, and is less fatty.

I love beef jerky but it's too lean and also expensive.

Made beef oxtails this week in the oven. 15 min in convection oven at 435 and then 15 more minutes on broil. It tasted great right out of the oven but when i warmed it up in skillet from the fridge they tasted like rocks. I will throw them in the crock pot for broth with chicken bones.
Next time I will make them in the crock pot to begin with.

I don't see myself going back to other way of eating any time soon. I still have 2 more month until i'm 6 month on ZC. I wonder if anything will change ?

Today I got some Vit. D capsules and started taking it. Maybe it will make a difference in my energy level.

No comments:

Post a Comment